Penrith: 01768 890280 Carlisle: 01228 580214
Parent Carers

Parent Carers care for their children who are ill or have a disability.  Parent Carers are most likely to be caring the longest. The responsibilities may be even greater in a situation where the Carer is a sole parent, who has more than one person to care for.

We provide the same high level of support for Parent Carers as we do Adult Carers.

Parent Carers can also access Cumbria County Council's 'SEND Local Offer' . The offer provides information to parents, carers and young people about provision  available across education, health and social care for children and young people in  who have Special Educational Needs  (SEN) or are disabled.